If you are not on the probiotic bandwagon, now is the time to get started. As more and more research comes out on these super bacteria, we realize just how essential they are to our overall health. Many people do not know some essential facts and considerations about probiotics, however, and this can hinder their decision on which products to use – or which foods to eat. Here are a couple of things to think about …
1. Most Yogurt Does Not Contain Probiotics. The first point you need to keep in mind is the yogurt you are eating each day that you think contains a hefty dose of probiotics, may provide very little at all. It is beneficial for you to note here when probiotics are combined with sugar, they die off. So slowly any of the live probiotics once found in the yogurt will be gone.
For this reason, do not think if you eat a yogurt a day, you are probably getting your probiotic needs met. Chances are, you are not. One sure way to tell if your yogurt does contain probiotics is if it is very sour to taste.
2. Probiotics Account For Up To 80% Of Your Immune System. Next, keep in mind probiotics will account for up to 80% of your total immune system. This is very important to note because your immune system plays a critical role in warding off sickness and disease, so the better your immune system function is, the more likely you are going to be to keep yourself feeling well.
Those who have weak immune systems are likely to get sick more often with the common cold and flu and may also fall prey to more severe health conditions.
There is a lot you can do to keep your immune system healthy including …
- sleeping adequately, usually 7 to 8 hours is recommended,
- eating a diet rich in vitamin C, and keeping
- stress to a minimum,
but taking a probiotic also has significant benefits as well.
3. Probiotics Are Important For Manufacturing Vitamin A, Vitamin B12, And Vitamin K. Finally, note another role probiotics are essential for making sure you are correctly manufacturing vitamin A, vitamin B12, and vitamin K in your body. While you can take these in from food sources, you will see better results in getting your needs met if you also choose to consume probiotics routinely.
Consider picking up some probiotics today . While you can get these from foods, it is far more reliable to get them from a high-quality supplement source instead. They act fast, are easy to take, and very convenient.