As you go about your menu planning, it is essential to not only look at the particular foods you are eating but how you are preparing those foods as well. Or more specifically, what spices and herbs you are using to help add flavor. Many people forget about combining these ingredients, but they really can make a big difference in your overall health.
Nutmeg is no exception …
- it is a favorite spice with a long list of health benefits,
- it is a sweet spice widely used in cuisines throughout the world.
Let us go over a few of the main benefits you can look forward to …
1. Reduced Inflammation. One of the best benefits of nutmeg is it can help with lowering your inflation level. Infection is at the heart of so many different diseases today, so it pays to do all you can to reduce the levels your body is experiencing.
Many people do not realize that they are suffering from infection until disease strikes and they are now trying to treat a significant condition.
2. Enhancements Digestion. Another benefit to note of nutmeg is it can help to improve your digestion. Adding it to your meals may help you feel better before or after the meal and may also help to reduce undesirable symptoms such as gas or bloating.
It may also help promote bowel regularity, so help you do away with constipation.
3. Boosts Brain Health. Another welcome benefit is it can help to improve your brain health. Researchers have noted nutmeg may help to reduce the degradation of neural pathways and cognitive function impacting those who are suffering from dementia, including Alzheimer's.
4. Promotes Sleep. For those who are dealing with insomnia, nutmeg may offer some relief. A small amount in a glass of warm milk will usually do the trick. Nutmeg may cause the release of serotonin in the brain, which helps to induce sleep, combating insomnia. It may also help to reduce nervous tension as well and help you to feel more relaxed as you lay in bed trying to sleep.
5. Acts As A Detoxifier. Finally, nutmeg may also contribute to detoxifying your body, cleansing undesired waste from your cells and aid in helping you to function at a higher level. Over time toxins can begin to build and eventually impact the performance of your kidneys and liver. These are two critical organs for keeping your body toxin free.
There you have the main reasons to consider adding nutmeg to your menu. It is one spice worth adding to your eating plan.